Thursday 28 March 2013

I love Jarome even more now, after hearing from Peter Chiarelli

So I'd posited that the Bruins and Penguins had submitted essentially equivalent offers for Jarome Iginla, which allowed Flames GM Jay Feaster to consult with Jarome and allow him to choose which team he wanted to join.  Jay Feaster would obviously have told both teams to wait for confirmation, and then relayed the bad news to Peter Chiarelli upon hearing the decision.  Fair game.  Decent way to handle things.  And to all the conspiracy theorists, I urged calm, it wasn't like Jarome had refused to join the Bruins.

Except now, to hear Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli tell it, he was told it was in the bag, and now he's steamed.  And maybe Mr. Feaster, who was squirmy and hard to pin down on the Ryan O'Reilly offer sheet debacle, played the Bruins to extort more out of the Pens.

If so, I like this even more.  I knew Jarome was a good guy, he'd never wear that Boston jersey willingly. And the Bruins are so used to having the road smoothed out for them by Daddy Campbell, Bill Daly, Brendan Shanahan, Jeremy Jacobs, Gary Bettman, and every single corrupt, brain-dead, blind, and intimidated on-ice officials, that they are now in a right dudgeon that things didn't go their way.

Like I said, I'm liking this a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment