Thursday 11 September 2014

Francis Bouillon will be at the Canadiens training camp on a tryout basis.

Guillaume Latendresse, acting as a panelist on the RDS show "L'Antichambre", just broke the news that Francis Bouillon will be at the Canadiens training camp on a tryout basis.  I thought I'd check in to witness the meltdown at this news on social media, but I'm surprised at the calm that reigns.  I guess it will wait until tomorrow, maybe the Eastern Time Zone fanboys have already gone to bed.

I'm not really happy at the news, but the fact that he's on a tryout makes it less worrisome.  He gets a chance to get in game shape with the Habs, and if he gets a call from another team great for him.  If we get injuries or other unforeseen circumstances, we can use Frankie as a patch job for the very very very last time.

I'll never fault him for his heart and his effort, and I hope things work out for him, but I hope we find that we don't need him coming out of camp, that Jarred and Nathan have things well in hand on the third pair.  We have a backlog of young d-men in Hamilton, we should rely on them rather than a soon-to-be 39 year old modestly talented defender, as proud and noble a warrior he may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment