Friday 1 April 2016

Game 78: Canadiens 3, Lightning 0

Here are my Canadiens Express thoughts on the Canadiens 3-0 win over the Lightning, the condensed version, courtesy of Gary 'Blackout' Bettman.

1) Just for my ease of reference, I want Phillip Danault to wear #21, in the tradition of Doug Jarvis and Guy Carbonneau. If Phillip is going to fill that role, of the defensive centreman, let’s give him the jersey number that fits.

Stefan Matteau can get Claude Lemieux’s #32 or Sergio Momesso’s #36, those would work for me too.

2) Loving the kids on the blue line. I thought Darren Dietz was stalling a little bit, not taking that next step in the AHL, but he’s looking pretty solid now, considering.

Same for Joel Hanley, I thought he was padding the roster upon his acquisition, bringing in a left shot on the blue line, but he seems really smart and mobile, a Jeff Petry Jr. Lite.

3) Happy that Brett Lernout is recalled, hope he gets a game or two. He hasn’t really stooded out when I watched the IceCaps, neither good nor bad, which is fine for his style of play. I haven’t seen him blow a fuse yet either, which I guess is okay too, that he’s concentrating on hockey, not fisticuffs, but I want to see him clear the front of the net like Mr. Plow on Saturday, when Gregory “Sonny Boy” pokes his revolting snout into our business.

And then I want to read Daddy Campbell’s emails afterwards.

4) Steven Stamkos is overrated, didn’t do anything Jacob de la Rose can’t do. I’d give four mill, four and half, tops.

5) Alex Tanguay to play right wing with Max Pacioretty and Alex Galchenyuk next season? Left shot, but great passer, really brainy player, who could be the setup man on the wing. Decent size, great shot too. Could probably be had on a reasonable UFA deal in July.

6) I like how Greg Pateryn shoots the puck with confidence, gets it on net. Short quick backswing, keeps the puck low, gets his forwards to trust him and stand in front of the net with confidence, not wince in fear when they see him wind up.

We should send P.K. to the Greg Pateryn Artillery Academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment